Wednesday 7 September 2011

Our arrival in Abuja, Nigeria

This is Alan. I know we've been in the country for about a week now, but I thought I'd go back and upload a few photos from our arrival in Abuja. Especially since I found all of these pictures that Emma took.

The picture to the left and next couple are views from our room at the Hilton Hotel in Abuja. We had a very nice rooms in which to begin to recover from our Salt Lake to Chicago to Frankfurt to Abuja flight. The hotel was very nice and the staff was excellent.

It was kind of overcast when we arrived. It is the rainy season after all, and the hills surrounding the city were incredibly green. Following these shots from our room, they are some pictures featuring Emma and Kelli in and around the hotel.




Here are Emma and Kelli looking awesome on the first day of our African adventure. I'm so glad they are here with me, but I miss having the whole family close by. I'm sure it will make Christmas and summer visits all the sweeter for us.



Not sure whose sculptures these are, but they sure look big. More later. It's almost midnight here and I should probably get some sleep. I've got some more pictures I heisted from Emma, including of our first Nigerian horse race, but those will have to wait until tomorrow.

Good night everyone!

1 comment:

  1. It's almost midnight here, now, as well, but I just wanted to say "Hi!" and I'm glad you all are doing this blog. It is very interesting to see the pictures and hear about your adventures and experiences--granted there are not a whole lot yet, but . . . anticipation!!

    ReplyDelete