Well, we have arrived and are mostly trying to overcome jet lag at the moment. Three days in Nigeria does not make us experts, but here are a few details that we have noticed already . . .
1. The Nigerian people are quick to say "You are welcome!" meaning welcome to Nigeria. And they mean it.
2. Driving within a lane is really not necessary and apparently frowned upon here.
3. There are very few white people in the city of Yola.
4. The sweet potatoes are about 2 feet long.
5. Apparently you can fit an entire family of 6 on a motorcycle, no problem.
6. There are thousands of goats running amuck who seem to find their way home every night.
7. The AUN is doing amazing things and we are happy to be a part of it all!
Wanna see our new home? We'll try adding some photos, but we're new to this blogging thing.